cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT FTTP - Suitable powerline adapters

I have just had BT FTTP installed, and run a home server which is to far from my router to hardwire. IS anybody able to recommend suitable Powerline Adapaters to get the most out of the suggested 900MBPS and 110MBPS speeds ?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FTTP - Suitable powerline adapters

@ryland_thomas 

You are unlikely to find any that will give you that sort of speed guaranteed.

You could try these https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-flex-1000-kit-080219-BB4X.html

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Keith, i am currently looking at the TP link AV1200 and would hole these offer atleast 600 down once set up ? any thoughts
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

The speeds are very idealistic (my real world testing got typically between 150-300mbps), I had the TP AV1300 powerline adapters and the speeds varied throughout the day. It's worth bearing in mind that household appliances can cause issues and disrupt the overall throughput. Dishwashers/washing machines can be common culprits, it typically didnt stop transfers - just the throughput throttled down and the latency usually went up.

In the end, I decided to put cat6 cabling in my home to all the places I needed it and just removed the powerline adapters completely. I appreciate that's not always possible for everyone, but worth thinking about. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thats excatly what i wish i could do, and have thought about it at length. However the location just at the moment doesnt allow this. I have given my dad 200m of CAT 6 beacuse of this.
0 Ratings