cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT FTTP

I have BT FTTP, but yet I feel as if my router struggles to keep up with more than 1 thing running at once. 

I play FIFA 21 online, I checked my connection speed through my PS5 and it says nearly 65mpbs which is fast. I have changed the DNS settings to support the game not to lag,

but as soon as my daughter turns on her iPad to stream videos I get lots of lag. Surely I should not be experiencing this. 

Even sometimes when I am in the house myself and my partner need to turn off Wi-fi and use 4G as it is faster and sometimes fails to load social media apps. 

Any time I do speed tests though it says my internet is fast and working. 

Why is this happening to me? And how do I fix it. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FTTP

There are so many variables with non wired Ethernet and that is why I wire as many devices as I can.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Chriswilkie1 and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having a few problems with the connection. You've mentioned it's a wi-fi issue so have you tried changing any wireless settings? Take a look at How do I change the wi-fi channel on my BT Hub and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I changed the Wi-fi channels but it just made it worse. 

I read that it is the PlayStation that does not like 5ghz Wi-fi signal so I have changed it so that it only picks up 2.4ghz and so far so good. 

Will need to obviously try it out better with everyone using the network to see if it has really worked. 

0 Ratings