cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rv291066
Message 1 of 3

BT Faster Broadband - do I need the Openreach Modem that came with Sky Fibre BB

I have just changed from Sky Fibre BB to what BT call their Faster Broadband. When I was with Sky Their engineer came and fitted an Openreach BT box on the wall and connected an Openreach modem between this box and the Sky router. My BT BB was supposed to go active on 28th but all I get is the orange light and the flashing 'b' in red. I have spoken to 2 different customer service advisers and neither of them seemed sure as to whether I needed to leave the modem connected or not. Anybody out their know how I am supposed to connect the Homehub up. It is model 4.0 - Type A
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Faster Broadband - do I need the Openreach Modem that came with Sky Fibre BB

The modem is for VDSL and I think your broadband is ADSL.  I would connect the Homehub into your telephone master socket not the Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Faster Broadband - do I need the Openreach Modem that came with Sky Fibre BB

Hi rv291066,

BT Faster Unlimited broadband is FTTC fibre broadband to those who can not receive more than 15mbps on FTTC fibre broadband connection (bt infinity).

If this is the type of broadband you have then your BT home hub needs to connect to the Openreach Fibre modem.

If you have a standard BT adsl broadband connection such as BT broadband (option1), Unlimited BT broadband (option2) or Unlimited BT broadband Extra (option 3)

However I think your on BT Faster Unlimited broadband which is FTTC fibre broadband for those who can't receive more than 15mbps in FTTC so you will need to connect the BT Home Hub to the Openreach Fibre modem.

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings