Did you mean: 
Highlighted
helloworld2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Fon and usage allowance.

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a simple questions and I am sure someone will be able to answer it!

I have BT Fon on my hub, someone else uses it (not sure who), will this add to my usage allowance?

Thanks,

Ben.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Fon and usage allowance.

Go to solution

no

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
helloworld2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

But I feel like it is being affected! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

there are many post on the forum but BTFon does not count in your usage.  you can keep check if you will at BT.com and then log into 'MY Account' where there is a usage monitor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@helloworld2010 wrote:

But I feel like it is being affected! 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The BTFon isn't included in the usage allowance. Can you say why you believe it is being affected ? Are you seeing some unusual usage figures ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

If there's not any devices that you don't know on the home network (accessible via the hub manager), then it won't be using your own SSID. Fon/openzone uses a completely different part of the hub.

And if you're using your connection, anyone using the Fon/openzone part will more than likely find that their connection speed will drop, as you get priority.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
helloworld2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hey,

I was just worried that someone could use my usage allowance and I noticed that it went almost to the limit.

Are you 100% that it is not affected?

Thanks so much for answering the question!

Ben.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Your usage will soon get to the limit if you use your connection for things like streaming HD Videos, gaming etc.

Also the number of devices connected will have an effect, if they're all being used for things like the above.

Alot of us use Networx to monitor our own usage (only works on the device it's installed on).

Have a think on what you do most on the net, you'll probably find it is you....

If you're sure it's not, we'll start to dig deeper....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
helloworld2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hey,

To be fair it is most likely to be me.  I do a variety of tasks on the web like you have suggested. 

I just wanted to be 100% sure that others using BT Fon were not affecting my usage allowance.

Many thanks to all who have been kind enough to help.

Good evening,

Ben.

0 Ratings
wychlings
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

I am using BT FON/Open Zone free in a 3rd party holiday cottage as a result of signing up my HomeHub to BT FON. The service is good enough for us to listen to radio and watch iPlayer most of the time despite a weakish signal. We have 2 laptops, 2 iPads and 1 iPhone connected at various times - one adult and two teenagers. Hoorah to BT! Will we hit a maximum usage allowance at some point or is this truly a free, unlimited usage service to HomeHub users? 

0 Ratings