Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bobpullen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT HH5b DMZ & Port Forwarding problem

I've just swapped my Type A Home Hub for a Type B model and have stumbled across a problem that I wonder if anybody else has encountered/can offer any advice on?

It's firmware revision v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) and I have it configured *exactly* how the Type A model was, even down to the SSID, DHCP ranges, admin password etc.

I have a number of port forwarding rules for various servers on my network. I also have a Raspberry Pi that I had put in the DMZ when using the Type A router so it could respond to pings because this isn't permitted on the router itself.

The port forwarding rules work perfectly, however as soon as I put the Raspberry Pi in the DMZ they all stop functioning. Take the Raspberry Pi out of the DMZ and everything springs to life again.

I've tried restarting the device to no avail. I haven't looked into it yet, but it's as if the DMZ assignment is ignoring all of the NAT rules and everything's getting forwarded to the Raspberry Pi.

Fairly certain I'm not doing anything wrong. It just seems that what was possible using the Type A model simply isn't now I'm using Type B.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT HH5b DMZ & Port Forwarding problem

Hi bobpullen,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems. If you haven't got it sorted take a look at How to set up game and application sharing/port forwarding facilities on the BT Home Hub 5 and let us know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
bobpullen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply but is doesn't help unfortunately. I set the port forwarding rules up as per the guide and they work as expected. As soon as I enable the DMZ and assign a host to it though, they all break.

Using the DMZ and NAT translation with the type A in the same configuration doesn't cause this issue. I'd be interested to know if a user with port forwarding rules configured in a type B device is able to replicate the problem.

It's not a huge issue to me at present as I've swapped the router out for another that doesn't exhibit the same problems/restrictions.

0 Ratings
Champnet
Message 4 of 8

Just found your post

Did you ever get a solution to this problem as I've replaced the 5a with a 5b and spent 2 frustrating days with the same problem ?

David

0 Ratings
bobpullen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I'm afraid I didn't David. Do let me know if you manage to crack it though. Out of curiosity, what caused you to replace the 5a with the 5b?
0 Ratings
Champnet
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, there's a lot of talk on Forums about G.INP problems. Over the lasr month my DL speed has dropped from 73 to 65 Mb/s, currently at 58 Mb/s.  Apparently the 5b can handle the problems and was a cheapish upgrade.  Port forwarding & DMZ conflict really caught me out.....

David

0 Ratings
bobpullen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Ah yes, my line was affected by the same thing.

I've recently taken part in the trial of a new DSLAM profile though, which is intended to overcome most of the problems encountered. My experience of it was positive and it's my understanding that the profile is now going to be rolled out to everybody else.

If this is the case, then you might be able to revert back to the HH5a anyway before too long.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 8 of 8

@bobpullen wrote:

The port forwarding rules work perfectly, however as soon as I put the Raspberry Pi in the DMZ they all stop functioning. Take the Raspberry Pi out of the DMZ and everything springs to life again.

I know this is an old post but today I hit the same problem, has a work around been found for this?

0 Ratings