cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: BT HOME HUB 5 - Connection problems with Facebook/snapchat/youtube and netflix

The 'plan' from BT was always to get IPv6 on the Hub 5 with their original statement saying it would be available from 'early 2017'.

I've been using IPv6 for nearly a year now, albeit not with BT Hubs, so IPv6 in the BT network is OK. As you're getting no response to any of the tracert probes, my bet would be that there's no path back to your IPv6 address.

You might try a reboot of the Hub and see if you pick up a different IPv6 address. Failing that as a workaround you could disable IPv6 on the PC, but it's not so easy on other device types e.g., Android.

Regards

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 31

Re: BT HOME HUB 5 - Connection problems with Facebook/snapchat/youtube and netflix

There are posts as recent as June bemoaning the lack of IPv6 on the latest HH5 firmware.

I asked about HomePlug because I have seen my neighbours HH6 advertising IPv6 on my network with HomePlug. If neighbours have the same homeplug network name, traffic can leak between networks even though they are not paired:

https://specklepattern.wordpress.com/2017/07/23/the-mystery-ipv6-forwarder-on-our-home-network-part-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
cazzasim
Beginner
Message 13 of 31

Error i have just figured out i have the home Hub 6 or (bt smart hub?) not 5. Mistake on my part - also i disabled the ipv6 on my windows computer and the websites seem to be loading fine but i am still having trouble on my mobile?

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 31

Are there any options to disable IPv6 on the router itself?

0 Ratings
cazzasim
Beginner
Message 15 of 31

ooking the now in hub manager but cant find an option to disable it?

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 31

Yes, I couldn't find anything online that suggests you can just now. I think a call to BT is in order saying that IPv6 isn't working for you.

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 31

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - problems accessing some websites and cant update/download apps.

Can someone having problems try opening a command window / terminal and run:

tracert -d www.netflix.com

(traceroute -d www.netflix.com on a mac).

Wondering any of the issues here relate to:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-HOME-HUB-5-Connection-problems-with-Facebook-...

0 Ratings
cazzasim
Beginner
Message 18 of 31

will call them the now and post update -  any ideas why the ipv6 is stopping my connection to certain websites? when disabled i notice that webpages load alot faster aswell.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 31

Did you try a reboot of the Hub? The IPv6 address is delegated to your Hub by DHCPv6 and it's likely that the Hub will 'release' the address when it reboots, and so get a different prefix when it's back up and running again.

I understand if you're reluctant to reboot as we see many users complaining of considerable time for the Hub to get back on-line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 31

cazzasim

I have moved all your posts onto the one thread because by double posting your problem on another thread you were getting repeated replies.

0 Ratings