cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT HUB 6 freezing, faulty?

hello, so recently ive been having some really irritating issues with my hub 6.

every so often it will attempt to restart itself and a green light will appear followed by an orange light, it will keep doing this forever. whilst its doing this, i am unable to access the hub settings, it will just forever try to load the page and then just stop loading and all sites i try to test the connection redirects me to the hub settings page and my browser tells me i need to log in to use the wifi connection.

resetting the router multiple times does nothing, a factory reset doesnt do anything either. plugging in my old faulty hub 5 immediately connects and appears to work much more stable than my hub 6.

how can i get a replacement for my hub 6?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT HUB 6 freezing, faulty?

I would stick with the Homehub 5 but if you want a replacement Smarthub you will need to contact BT and report a fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

i thought this was the place to get help from bt. i bought this hub to replace the hub 5 hoping it would fix the problems i had when using the hub 5. im not prepared to just waste my money.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

You have been given the best advice that can be given it is a pity you did not read some of the many posts about the hub 6 and its problems
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

ive read multiple posts about the hub 6 and people having problems, unfortunately none of them seems to match the exact issue im having. im posting hoping someone may have a solution so i might not have to contact bt to get a replacement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

get a replacement it is faulty it should not be doing what it is
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If you bought the Smarthub from BT and it is still in its one year warranty you should do as I already suggested and contact BT and report it as faulty and ask for it to be replaced.

If it is out side its one year warranty you should also do as I suggested and stick with the Homehub 5 or if the Homehub 5 is giving you problems, buy a decent third party VDSL Modem/router and do away with using the BT equipment.

0 Ratings