Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
D21518
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT HUB5 Drops wireless & LAN connections 01/01/2015

Hello

Wireless and LAN connections has been working perfectly fine when i first signed up to the complete BT package (broadband,phone,TV) in September 2014. During the beginning of January 2015 to now February 11/02/2015 my wireless connection drops out in the morning and evening multiple times 5am-7am at least 3 times in the morning and at least 5 times at night 6-12. This drop out also affects LAN connections even though the BT HUB 5 is still lit blue, there is no fault light, once or twice I seen the fault light.

I cannot not browse the internet and use Netflix’s etc because the wireless connection drops out regularly. I have spoken to BT’s Global Service Desk who reported there is a problem, however a UK call centre engineer confirms there is no problem and the issue lies with ‘Interference’ and their excuse was it was probably conflicting with other wireless devices which is total nonsense.

I have checked with my neighbours and they have not bought any new devices or changed anything which would conflict with wireless connections, including kitchen appliances. I also have followed BT advise and switch everything off and on again, reset the router back to default, they have reset their end, changed the wireless channel etc. still get the same issues.

Everything has been working fine up until January so something has changed on BT’s end to cause regular problems which affects LAN and Wireless connections. Many sources on the internet suggest firmware and line testing for faults like on their BT HUB5. BT suggest there are no problems and everything is working fine and they have no problems on their end. I’m still waiting for a solution from BT……?; an issue like this would have been resolved or never happened with SKY and Virgin fibre connections.

Please can someone help and adviise best practice to get my BT HUB5 working again properly or suggest what BT must do to pull there fingers out and take ownership of this issue. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT HUB5 Drops wireless & LAN connections 01/01/2015

Which firmware version and update date?
It's on line 3 of your Helpdesk info
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I will check and get back to you

0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 | Last updated 13/01/15
0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 | Last updated 13/01/15
0 Ratings
Ev_Sol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Sorry to hijack someone else's thread but I seem to be experiencing exactly the same issue.

Service was installed around about Sept last year and has been fine until the last few weeks when the same wireless drops started to occur.  I have no new equipment connected, but all devices experience the problem.

Having looked at my HH5 version, I'm on the same:

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 | Last updated 21/01/15

I noticed the update date of 21/1/15 which probably coincides with when the problem started, so I wondered if there might be a known issue with this software version?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

there are numerous posts about the firmware problem  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Home-Hub-5A-dropping-connection-updates/...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings