albertc30
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Halo Broadband.

Hi all.

I have just upgraded my fibre (FTTC) internet connection to this new BT nonesense called Halo.

Having been involved in networks before, Cisco networks, I like to limite my network to a set number of connections so, I segment my network to only allow a total of 14 devices (16 ips total).

The problem is this bt home hub won't let me change the subnet from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.240. It says the subnet ip settings are not valid on the BT Smart Hub. Not so smart if you ask me.

I can see the cheaper gear like TP-Link doing a better job than this with I am willing to bet, almost hassle free.

Has anyone managed to change this device's subnet mask to anything other than the default 255.255.255.0 please?

If so, how did you go about it?

On another note, when I first got this alledged fibre I was having downloads on speedtest of near enough 80Mbps (I know far from real) but now only at less than half that, so the service has gotten cheaper by £2, but still costing me just under £60 oer month yet the speed has drasticly decreased.

Outstanding BT as always.

Thanks in advance.

Albert

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
albertc30
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Halo Broadband.

Quick update. It lets me segment the network to 255.255.255.224 no problem but not 255.255.255.240! hm?!

0 Ratings