cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IamFibremad
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Have just replaced my old Cabinet with a new one?

Hi, 

So im told that within a week we should be receiving Superfast Broadband! Thats something everyone wants to hear in a village of speeds on ADSL of 2mbps right? 

So time passed and evetnually work has started BUT Not the type of work I would of susspected from opereach. 

What they have done, is completly removed the old Cabinet and replaced it with a new one which i'll attach an image of the new and the old see if you guys can make anything of it, Is this both ADSL + VDSL/Fttc in one box? Old CabinetNew Cabinet

Thanks If anyone can lend a hand.

In this day in age, even a Monkey can use the internet!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Have just replaced my old Cabinet with a new one?

just looks like the normal street cabinet and not the new fibre cabinets which are vented

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IamFibremad
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jolly,

Yeah this is what I was thinking, got in contact with openreach Thursday to be told, unfortuantly due to private land they cannot place the new Fibre cabinet there and are replaniing it and could take an extended 3-6 months! Not to happySmiley Sad

In this day in age, even a Monkey can use the internet!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

yes that is an existing PCP that has just been re shelled unfortunately replanning can take time and occasionally if a suitable location for the fibre cabinet cannot be located within 100 yards of the existing cabinet then the cabinet is likely to be missed out
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I swear someone drunks pea in my cabinet everyweek lol ....my speed is destroyed each week haha

0 Ratings