cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britannia
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Home Cam 100 -

I've got BT line and Broadband. I've recently purchased BT Smart Home Cam 100.

I installed the app on my Samsung phone and followed all the steps to install the camera but at the time of sliding the switch at the back to Camera and wait until the Network light is solid green, the light never turns green and remains orange and I can't continue. The hub is working fine and I even put the phone near the camera so the signal is strong.

It seems that BT Hub doesn't allow the camera to go through.

BT please help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Home Cam 100 -

If you have a BT Home hub 4 or 5, make sure that smart setup is turned off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Britannia
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hello I have got Home Hub 2.0 so what can I do?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Britannia
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

In the Port Forwarding I have to add my mobile device but there is no similar name to my mobile's name. How can I add it?

0 Ratings
smudge493
Message 5 of 7

Same issue here. And only happened since upgrading the firmware. Which I did within minutes of first setting it up.  Seems I am now renting a useless plastic box of circuitry that isn't even heavy enough to use as a paperweight.

Since it's BT supplied, it SHOULD work straight out of the box without any need for Port Forwarding jiggery pokery in the BT Home Hub. IMVHO.  I have no idea what ranges need to be entered.

0 Ratings
tamtoot
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Brittania,

Have you had any success with enabling your camera?

I have the same problem as you had on my system which I normally use with my HTC Desire X phone .

I took my BT Smart (?) Home Cam 100 off line a couple of weeks ago as we were re-decorating in the location of the camera -. It was working fine in that location before the move. I then tried to reconnect but when I get to step 3C, where you slide the switch from setup to camera, I like you, get a flashing Orange Network light...following many repeats, I have deleted the app and gone through the whole setup process from downloading the app, changing my password etc. etc. No change!

I contacted BT Home Cam support on 0808 100 0255 after 39 minutes wait; they had not a clue and passed me on to 'Broadband' Total waste of effort as not one of the 5 people I spoke with could offer any positive assitance.

I have switched off 'smart setup' as Keith B suggested and retried but with no success, so went back to original setting. What I did note, when I re-connected my phone settings to Wi-Fi, repeating the process to step 3C and attempting a log in via my phone, my phone screen tells me the remote device is 'off line'. Re-opening Wi-Fi in my phone settings, shows that my Home Hub is now connected to my Home Cam.....can't be right surely?

Hope the above makes sense to someone who can assist me in resolving this problem..

Many thanks

0 Ratings
tamtoot
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Brittania,

Don't know what happened just now but my BT Home Cam 100 is back up and appears to be running OK...

Cheers

0 Ratings