cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

BT Home HUb settings help please

Go to solution

I wonder if anyone is able to assist me please

I have messed up with a new Network Amplifier I bought, i connected it to my BT home Hub via a LAN cable and selected to update the software, thinking it would be very straight forward however it failed to connect to the network to update the software and ended up in a boot loop keeping on trying to update the software in a kind of limp home mode which i cant get it out off.

what i should of done had I thought about it was make sure it could connect to the internet first before by configuring the network connections for the amplifier before hand

I guess i probably needed to put in my  Hub Wireless key or something like that..now its too late from the amplifier end of things

I was wondering if there was any thing i could do it the BT Hub setting to enable it to connect to the internet if i can identify the IP address

any assistance on what settings and how to adjust them would be much appreciated..im kind of clutching at straws really

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: BT Home HUb settings help please

Go to solution

If you have connected it via LAN cable there is nothing in the hub to change and you wouldn't need the wireless key on the amplifier if connected by Ethernet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

You don't mention the make or model which rather limits forum users ability to help you.

Does this device have a factory reset button you can press, it's usually concealed behind a pinhole to prevent accidental operation

Message 4 of 28

Go to solution
I have a BT home hub 5
in regards to the AV amplifier I am getting help with that end of things from a home theatre forum
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
In that case are you suggesting that the only reason it did not connect to the Internet to update was down to the internal network settings of the Amplifier
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

In your first post, you said "it failed to connect to the network to update the software and ended up in a boot loop keeping on trying to update the software in a kind of limp home mode which i cant get it out off."

Hence I suggested a factory reset

Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply ..i already tried the factory reset but it didn't work..that was why i was hoping there was something that could be done from the router end of things
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

I'm afraid not, the problem and solution is entirely with your Amplifier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

As I hinted at earlier, you haven't given any details of this amplifier so forum members are working blind

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Sorry because this is a BT forum and the product is a Marantz product i didn't think it would be the right forum

however since you request the information it is a Marantz NR 1604 AV surround receiver
now stuck in a boot loop because for some inexplicable reason it was unable to connect to the internet to update the soft ware
I have followed Marantz own information on how to factory reset the unit but it made no difference
also unfortunately this model can not be updated by downloading the software onto a USB stick it has to be done over the internet

0 Ratings