Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Home HUb settings help please

Go to solution

If you were supposed to connect BT products only then I think we would all be in trouble, I know I would be.

Is this the procedure you tried? if not then it may be worth a try. If yes then it only resets the microprocessor - by the sounds of it you need to reset the system firmware.

Marantz.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution
I appreciate you going to that trouble for me however i have the manual which this information is form unfortunately it didn't help..i have tried it several times
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

Have you contacted Marantz for ideas?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

Guess it must be a fairly common occurrence or Marantz wouldn't have produced those instructions.  ☹️

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

My thoughts exactly. It's not the same model as the OP was asking about but they're probably not so different

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution
Yes i have ..im waiting on them to get back to me but i don't have high hopes because it says they only support up to date products and this model is now considered an out of date product as it is not included in the current product line
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution
Problem is it is not actually connecting to the internet in the first place to actually be able to do the update.
I really should have configure the network settings on the receiver to check if i was able to connect the internet before pressing that damn upgrade software radio button
I think i might have learned a very expensive lesson here
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

It sounds like you've bricked it then. You could just leave it powered up overnight and cross your fingers, toes and anything else you can cross - you've nothing to lose

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution
You are quite correct
so i though that because i had a live internet connection, i had no reason to believe it would not just automatically connect to the internet and upgrade after all i did not have to configure network settings on My PC i just plugged in the RJ45 cable and i was connected
what i don't understand is why wont the soft ware understand that there is no internet connection and no upgrade took place so the existing software is still on the AV receiver and even though i have reset to factory settings it made no difference at all it just keeps cycling the "upgrade retry" "upgrade fail" re-boot over and over again and doing a factory reset dosn't stop it doing it
0 Ratings