Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT Home Hub 3 and Location Services on IOS8

Hi all,

I noticed over the last week locations services was not working with the apps on the Ipad. This included the new BT Wi Fi app version and Maps. I spent a while on the phone to Apple support resetting the network settings and resetting the Ipad to no avail. I changed the HH3 to a spare HH2 and still no change.

Today in town I used the Ipad to connect to other wi fi networks, in particular BT Wi fi X and woo hoo locations services worked and pin pointed my location on the Map app.

So why doesn't it work when I'm at home, (er yes I know where I am but some of the apps I use need the location to retrieve data etc). I had tried the BT Wi Fi X and Fon networks at home but no joy.

Is there some setting on the Home Hub, that is stopping this working, that needs to be changed or switched on. I have reset the HH back to factory settings etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had this before and any ideas that might resolve it.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 3 and Location Services on IOS8

Update, been in contact with senoir Apple advisor who thinks the location services port (427) might be blocked by BT. It appears to be frequent problem with some isps including BT. I've checked and that port is not blocked on the hub so how do I go about getting BT to check if it is being blocked at their end.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 3 and Location Services on IOS8

this may help from Keith's help pages  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/information/location.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings