cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niktrowles
Beginner
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Home Hub 3 as a repater?

This has now been sorted thanks to DS. If anyone else needs any help, please feel free to PM me, and I will do my best with my limited knowledge.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

@niktrowles wrote:
This has now been sorted thanks to DS. If anyone else needs any help, please feel free to PM me, and I will do my best with my limited knowledge.

I am pleased that DS was able to help you, he has spent a lot of time sorting this out.

0 Ratings
Roytaway
Message 13 of 28

Thank you. I was able to follow the instructions just fine and my BTHH3 has been active and stable for 3 days. A couple of points that might help others-
Don't expect to see the Broadband light active on the slave hub.
I had to PD/PU the Master Hub to establish a connection.
Just wish I had come across this before purchasing a 3rd Party Repeater that only stays up for an hour at a time!!
Anyway thanks again!
0 Ratings
Roytaway
Message 14 of 28

0 Ratings
vjking
Beginner
Message 15 of 28

Hi Keith. I have linked a HH3 Type A as a wireless repeater to a HH4. It works really well. Now I'd like to add another HH3 (this time a type B), is the procedure the same? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

I did not write the original article, but I cannot see why it should not work, provided that you use a different IP address for the additional HH3, assuming you have an unused spare.

As forum member DS says

"Click Home Network, then IP Addresses. Change the IP Address to one not in use.
eg. 192.168.1.245 (NOT the default .254:smileywink:) or one of your choice (192.168.1.**), click apply (ignore any warnings)"

Use a different value for the red stars.

0 Ratings
BravoLima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Can i use the HH3 as a wifi extender / repeater through my EE router if i plug it into a powerline adapter with a cross over cable upstairs in my house ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

@BravoLima wrote:

Can i use the HH3 as a wifi extender / repeater through my EE router if i plug it into a powerline adapter with a cross over cable upstairs in my house ?

You would have to ask that on the EE forum, as people here are BT Broadband Customers, and would have no information on the EE router.

Try http://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BravoLima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Ah thanks.
0 Ratings
BravoLima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Surely it's just a case of having the right settings for each of the routers...?
0 Ratings