cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyj66
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

BT Home Hub 3 as a repater?

Hi I already have a broadband connection runnng on a BT business line and I have a dual WAN wireless router. I have just ordered a new BT broadband line on my home telephone line which I will connect to the second port on the dual WAN router via another modem I aleady have.

BT are kindly sending me a brand new Home Hub 3 which of course I wont need in this set up.

Can anyone advise whether this router is capable of being set up a repeater/WAP and not use its modem capability?

If so where do I look for the settings?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: BT Home Hub 3 as a repater?

0 Ratings
daveyj66
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Keith Re: BT Home Hub 3 as a repater?

Im new to the forum, my post wasnt directed at anyone specific but it would be great if you could help

Regards

Jonathan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

@daveyj66 wrote:

Im new to the forum, my post wasnt directed at anyone specific but it would be great if you could help

Regards

Jonathan

The answer is on the link I posted on my last thread, you just ignore the first home hub, and setup the second one as described.

daveyj66
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

My BT broadbnd line is not ativated so I cant read the post. I'll try when I set up the new line and then seek to convert the HH3 to WAP/Repeater mode.

thanks anyway

J

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

If you are not yet activated you can read any posting once you are a registered poster on the forum you can read and reply to any post this is a public forum therefore any one can read the posts

Your post seem a little confusedwho is your current ISP
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

@daveyj66 wrote:

My BT broadbnd line is not ativated so I cant read the post. I'll try when I set up the new line and then seek to convert the HH3 to WAP/Repeater mode.

thanks anyway

J

You said that you had a BT Business line and it was assumed that you had BT Business Broadband on that line.

As you cannot read the links on my help website, then you must be with another ISP.

This forum is for BT Retail customers, other ISPs have their own forums that they can visit.

When your BT Broadband line is activated, you should be able to read the information on my website, and see any of the diagrams, which are stored on a private webserver with access restricted to IP addresses originating from withinthe BT network.

Much of the information is only of use to BT Broadband customers anyway, as it relates to the BT Home hubs.

The rest of the forum is open to anyone, as that is operated by BT.

Please re-visit this thread when your BT Broadband has been activated, and you will find lots of extra information to help you.

0 Ratings
niktrowles
Beginner
Message 8 of 28

Keith,

I have tried to follow your instructions posted above to link two type A bt hh3's (rather than a type a and type b). Is this at all posible? At the moment the slave hub broadband light stays orange when connected to the master hub, and so i assume it is not able to access the internet.

I would be very grateful for any help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

@niktrowles wrote:
Keith,

I have tried to follow your instructions posted above to link two type A bt hh3's (rather than a type a and type b). Is this at all posible? At the moment the slave hub broadband light stays orange when connected to the master hub, and so i assume it is not able to access the internet.

I would be very grateful for any help.

I did not write the instructions, they were supplied by another forum member, so I cannot really help.

If you look on the webpage it gives you the name of the forum member and you may be able to ask them for their opinion.

0 Ratings
niktrowles
Beginner
Message 10 of 28

ah sorry i didnt realise that. thanks for your quick reply though, i will contact the original author of the instructions.
0 Ratings