cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wairds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Hub 4 and TP-Link Av200 connection problems.

I recently switched to BT Broadband. With my previous ISP I supplied my own Netgear modem. I attached to that modem two TP-Link Powerline Adapters and they worked without an issue.

I now have a BT Home Hub 4 and cannot get the adapters to work. I have plugged the ethernet cable from the back of the Home Hub into one of the adapters. I have attempted to pair them side by side on a double electric socket and they appear to pair but when I look on the network I cannot see the device connected to one of the adapters. Also shortly afterwards the Powerline LED then goes out on both adapters. The Ethernet LED on the Powerline adapter connected by Ethernet cable to the modem continues to be illuminated. I am at a loss as to know what the issue is.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 4 and TP-Link Av200 connection problems.

You may have to reset the Powerline adapters to factory default, as the IP subnet is different on the home hub, and they may still be remembering the Netgear settings.

0 Ratings
wairds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Keith,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I have carried out the factory reset but alas I have the same issues. The pairing seems to be ok for a few minutes (according to the LED's) but I still cannot see the device on the network and then the LED's go out.

I have looked at your help pages but cannot find anything specific to this issue.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Try turning Smart Setup off, as it may be causing the connection to fail.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
wairds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Keith,

Thanks. But Smart Setup was already disabled.

I am certainly not the first person to switch to BT with these Powerline adapters but I cannot find others who have encountered problems. It concerns me that it maybe something to do with my setup. However installing these adapters are so straightforward what could go wrong?

Dont suppose you have any other suggestions. Says he hopefully?

0 Ratings