Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meridius
Aspiring Expert
Message 201 of 272

Re: BT Home Hub 4

Just got my home hub 4 today

Is it normal for the cardboard box stip to be opened ? The box was sealed but the tear part had been opened I don't know why is this to check it or take out the filters because infinity do not need them.

Thanks
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2759601729.png[/IMG][/URL]
0 Ratings
iqzy
Contributor
Message 202 of 272

Got my home hub 4 today after paying £41 for it. I am contacting you from 1995, wow the speed at 0.2mb is amazing! 

On a serious note, the wireless is rubbish, I am seriously only getting 0.2mb and i still get those random disconnects. Should I wait a few hours and see if the speeds get better or would it be faulty?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
aremeza
Aspiring Expert
Message 203 of 272

Is it possible to use hub 3 as a  repeater by connecting it to hub 4 (which will be the router) using a long ethernet cable and leaving the hub 3 (the repeater) in an area where the wireless signal is not so strong.

Will this work or just muddle up the signal?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 204 of 272

You should be able to. You would want to turn off the dhcp server on the HomeHub3, and connect the HH4 ethernet cable to a LAN port on the HH3. Check it out first though before laying the long ethernet cable.

You could set the SSID and password the same on the two HomeHubs and a moving device will pick up the stronger at connection time, but won't hop as you move about. Or set them up differently to have more explicit control over what you connect to when.
0 Ratings
Jimx26
Beginner
Message 205 of 272

Hi,

I ordered BB Unlimited 16/05 and received a HH3 yesterday. I have sent 2 emails on the form here asking why I was not sent a HH4 one saturday and one yesterday and yet to receive a response.

I havent set the current hub up yet until I get a response, what do you think my chances are of getting a 4, I have claimed they have mis sold as I wasnt sent the latest router and threatened to cancel.

0 Ratings
jedpause
Contributor
Message 206 of 272

@Jimx26 wrote:

Hi,

I ordered BB Unlimited 16/05 and received a HH3 yesterday. I have sent 2 emails on the form here asking why I was not sent a HH4 one saturday and one yesterday and yet to receive a response.

I havent set the current hub up yet until I get a response, what do you think my chances are of getting a 4, I have claimed they have mis sold as I wasnt sent the latest router and threatened to cancel.

Impossible to tell, the CS team don't know their left hand from their right, I had same issue, complained they said only given to existing customers and yet there are stories oif many new customers getting them without asking. I gave up and used own router

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
Jimx26
Beginner
Message 207 of 272

Thanks,

Just had a call and at first said I would have to pay so played my face and apparantly are going to send me a link to a website to get one for free, will wait and see what happens.

0 Ratings
cantonbean
Message 208 of 272

Id say zero as I ordered on the 9th (one day before hh4 should be sent!)...had installed yesterday and router only dispatched on Sunday but sent HH3...already having wifi issues with homehub 3 comapared to my N600 router I cant use until infintity this month (cable router)...told by 4 departments can't swap even though only posted it on the 2nd....not impressed so far with **bleep** customer services and 50mins wasted!

0 Ratings
cantonbean
Message 209 of 272

u had more success then me but in your case no leg to stand on..in my case shocking customer services as already getting dropped wifi!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 210 of 272

@aremeza wrote:

Is it possible to use hub 3 as a  repeater by connecting it to hub 4 (which will be the router) using a long ethernet cable and leaving the hub 3 (the repeater) in an area where the wireless signal is not so strong.

Will this work or just muddle up the signal?

look at te page before this one, i posted step by step instructions on how to do this.

0 Ratings