Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 211 of 272

Re: BT Home Hub 4

@Jimx26 wrote:

Hi,

I ordered BB Unlimited 16/05 and received a HH3 yesterday. I have sent 2 emails on the form here asking why I was not sent a HH4 one saturday and one yesterday and yet to receive a response.

I havent set the current hub up yet until I get a response, what do you think my chances are of getting a 4, I have claimed they have mis sold as I wasnt sent the latest router and threatened to cancel.

Hi Jim,

You're not alone.

On the 20/05 I renewed my BB and phone package (at a very good price) with a written guarantee of a HH4.

The BB and phone order went through, but the hub was showing as a pending item.

This pending order ruined my online billing account.

Gave it some time for the hub to arrive, it didn't.

Checked many times with BT regarding the hub and was eventually told it wasn't going to be released till 01/08!

Managed to get that date in writing too.

I cancelled the order as it was the only way to restore my online account to a working one.

Emailed BT management.

They are dealing with it, though Monday morning an order was showing on my account, which again has ruined my account again. After reporting this, the order has been deleted but my account still remains incorrect.

In between all of the above, BT are advising that due to demand, the HH4 is out of stock with no known date for when they will be available.

This part of the press release is what you (a new customer) should be quoting back to BT -

"BT says the new router, being rolled out from May 10, 2013".

For existing customers, like me, this bit applies-

"The BT Hub 4 will be rolled out to BT Broadband and BT Infinity packages over the coming months, starting from Friday May 10. From June, existing BT customers will be able to upgrade for free to the new hub when they take out a new contract or they can buy one at a special price of £35 including VAT from www.bt.com".

I have noticed this under their legal stuff, which differs slightly to the press release

"BT Home Hub 4 is included with all Unlimited Broadband or BT Infinity broadband packages (except if you have already been provided with a Home Hub or Router) and a £6.95delivery charge applies. If you stop your service in the first year we'll charge you £55 towards the cost of the BT Home Hub".

I have read that some customers have been issued with a HH3 and that they are to be sent a HH4 when they become available - whether or not this will happen, I've no idea.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
scimman
Message 212 of 272

Where can I buy One for £35 ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 213 of 272

@scimman wrote:
Where can I buy One for £35 ?

If you do decide to purchase it you can contact BT at this number 0800 080 060 or by following this link

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=36119#tab3

0 Ratings
Kinky
Contributor
Message 214 of 272

I ordered mine yesterday and it arrived today and paid £35.

Can't install it until later though.

On a side-note, my BTV+ box had a major software update this evening!  Won't have a chance to check it later and see version/build it installed.

0 Ratings
iqzy
Contributor
Message 215 of 272

After an hour on the phone to India, complaining he is reading from a script, showing how knowledgeable I am in terms of wireless than he is, and his constant "holds" to talk to his superior, managed to finally get him to replace my Hub 4. It's ridiculous when they say they cannot replace due to it working on wired full speed. I told him that my Hub 3 gave me 45mb wireless, how the hell can the hub 4 give me worse than dialup speeds? Keeps repeating about the "we advertise wired speeds not wireless" bla bla. He even took over my computer and saw himself how bad the wireless was and I was sitting right next to it. Finally caved in and should be getting my replacement soon. 

Also, before I get my replacement (I'm sure that'll be rubbish too) is it better to put it on N only on the 40mhz or the 802.11a/n?

0 Ratings
Jimx26
Beginner
Message 216 of 272

BT CS really are jokers, I didnt receive the link as promised so spent an age on the phone being bounced around departments with them all telling me I am not entitled to a home hub 4 until miraculously they found details of the person who called me and ithe notes do in fact say I should get one.

I have been promised a phone call today but I won't hold my breath.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 217 of 272

iqzy have you tried changing the wireless channel as you may be suffering from wireless interference
0 Ratings
jfsfoster
Contributor
Message 218 of 272

I got my HH4 today after paying the £35 upgrade fee. BT said that the new hub would fit through a standard size letter box. But today I got a bulky brown box with the hub and power supply (no network cables). 

The box is labelled "BT Hub Swap Box", "Your replacement BT Home Hub". And there is a pre paid second class label to return the Hub 3 to BT for recycling.

I guess only brand new customers get the slim package.

0 Ratings
icgicg
Message 219 of 272

There is no way the packaging fits through a typical UK letter box. Home Hub 4, on its own, would fit through given its foldaway feet, but the overall packaging is 10cm deep. Much bigger than most domestic letterboxes.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 220 of 272

Well I have a box mounted on our gates, so I've got no chance!:(

(though I have seen the packaging on the www and it does state it'll fit some letter boxes)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings