Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
todorez
Message 1 of 9

BT Home Hub 5 Dynamic DNS

Go to solution

Hello guys,

Has anyone been able to get the Dynamic DNS service on HH5 working? I've seen posts that it is not supported.

Also can someone please confirm what dynamic dns services are supported by the HH5. So far I've seen NO-IP and DynDNS only (my home hub hasn't arrived yet). The menu is under Advanced Settings>>Broadband>>Dynamic DNS >> Service menu list.

Cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Home Hub 5 Dynamic DNS

Go to solution
Hey, here are the dynamic DNS services that are supported by the BTHomeHub5:
http://i.imgur.com/WguAGcMh.jpg
0 Ratings
todorez
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Awesome.. Thanks a lot kenkyle236.

Is anyone using one of these services with BT HH5? This post suggests that even though there are DDNS providers in the list, DDNS does not work on HH5.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/HH5-Port-Forwarding-and-Dynamic-DNS/m-p/1152966#...

Cheers

0 Ratings
Papasmurph
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

In case you haven't worked it out and for anyone else searching - yes it works!

Used no-ip DDNS on HH5 to setup remote access to CCTV.

0 Ratings
TimmoF
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

DDNS is supported by the HH5.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
buiel
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

How did you do it?   If you have time to explain...

0 Ratings
TonyWoolf
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

The router allows only a very few dynamic DNS services.  I want to use OpenDNS which provides the services I require.  But it isn't in the preset list.  Open DNS doesn't need a username or password to sign in: it works by the user's IP address and uses an app to tell it when this changes.   But I still can't use it because the router insists on allowing only those providers that BT has pre-programmed.  Why have such an inflexible user interface?

If the router would only allow me to block individual hosts ... or if BT parental controls would allow it ... but it seems that there is no way I can do what I want without buying another router.

0 Ratings
ggentilejoe
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

DDNS is also supported by BT Home HUb 6 but not enabled. As a trialist I suggested in one of my reports that this was the reason why I could not connect wirelessly on any one of the three OS's on my Raspberry Pi 3 or why an older PC running XP and Ubuntu cannot connect via a spare ethernet socket in the Hub itself. My BT "Helper" disagreed and refused to register it so that I could enable DDNS. I was told that I should stop using strange or old OS's. When the HH6 trial was over I removed the HH6 and reinstalled my HH3. The difference in speed is not noticable and it has the advantage that everything now works.

0 Ratings