cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zen15676
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Hub 5 - Lost the card with the WEP Code on it - how do I get the WEP??

Hi,

I have managed to lose the little card at the back of my BT Home Hub 5 that had the SSID & WEP code.  The WiFi is working fine but I want to add a new device.

How to I go about getting the WEP Code?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Lost the card with the WEP Code on it - how do I get the WEP??

Can you enter hub manager 192.168.1.254 then enter admin password tgen go to wireless then you should see tge wireless password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Lost the card with the WEP Code on it - how do I get the WEP??

The information for the WiFi password and others can be found at the bottom of the Hub
Tags (1)
albro
Message 4 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Lost the card with the (Wifi key) WEP Code on it - how do I get the WEP??

To access your wifi key (password) for BT Home Hub 5.

- open new web browser

- enter 192.168.1.254 to acces 'Home Hub Manager'

- acces the header 'Advanced Settings' 

- enter your 'admin password' you need this without it you can't go any further

- in advanced settings acces 'Continue to advanced settings'

- on header open 'Wireless' 

- Wireless key should be visible on new screen

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Lost the card with the (Wifi key) WEP Code on it - how do I get the WEP??

Hopefully the OP has sorted it out, you are replying to a 2 and half year old post.

There is also the slight flaw that the admin password is on the same (missing) card as the wireless passkey.

0 Ratings