cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noise82
Message 41 of 45

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Port Forwarding bug

Technically on Home Hub 5 you can forward ports to a user defined IP but you can't do the same for MAC address. When you forward to an
IP the MAC address is set to 00.00.00.00. To verify just forward your port to a user defined IP, leave Advanced Settings and go to normal Settings > Port forwarding.
This is useless if you forward your port to be able to wake on lan, as that requires MAC address.
Also when I forward my port to a named device (to which I already assigned a static IP), as soon as the device goes to sleep, the MAC and IP addresses of the device are randomly changed. Annoyingly they seem to be ok in the Home Network tab but they are totally different in Settings>Port Firwarding tab. That's one hell of a mess. I seriously consider cashing out for a PROPER router!
0 Ratings
ertee
Message 42 of 45

I had similar problem with port forwarding in BT Home Hub 3B my brother's.

After reading a lot of posts and tried many diffrent solutions finally I solve the problem.

My issue to resolve was forward port from outside network to DVR connected to internal network.

The DVR had set a static IP address outside DHCP range BT Home Hub.

If I made forwarding port 80 (or anyone different) to the DVR name (I could not to his IP) then this port was still closed and nothing helped.

I changed the setting in DVR and mark "use DHCP". I restarted the DVR and then it obtain IP address from range BT Home Hub.

Next I made again port forwarding and then everything started working order.

At last I can watch picture of DVR from outside network.

It is very crazy that BT Home Hub is unable to forwarding port to internal IP outside his range and even to static IP within his range (I checked it as well).

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 45

Hi all thought i would put some iinput into port forlwarding on the home hub 5 i have

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11

i have an hp home server which had hdd failure so after repair and reinstall i  needed ports 80 443 and 4125 open so using the advanced options of the hub manager i assiigned ftp server http server (world wide web)and secure web server (https) all to tcp port 80 tcp port 443 and tcp port 4125  i had to use tcp as all does not work so its important to use tcp

i also picked hpstorage as the device from the drop down box and nothing worked so deleated them all and started again using all the same information except i chose user defined ip address which for my server was 192.168.1.71 which is a static address i set up the server with and all worked perfect so my advice is to use tcp for your ports not the all option and to use the ip address instead of the device name from the dropdown hope this helps anyone out who is struggling i later installed tonido which also worked with the same method so good luck cheers charlie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 45

As explained here.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
Highlighted
spoonthumb
Beginner
Message 45 of 45

Hi All

Just thought i would add that I had the same problems and tried everything on this thread with no luck. By chance i noticed that one device on my network was connected via ethernet and wifi simultaneously. No idea how this happened but i can say that after disabling the wifi on this device all my port forwarding issue's disappeared instantly. Can forward to network drive aswell as other devices by application without any faults - the amount of time i wasted on this is absolutely disgusting though !

0 Ratings