Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thegrahamcole
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Home Hub 5 - Streaming movies between laptops stutters

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from a HH3 to a HH5. Now when I stream a movie from one laptop to another, over the 2.4GHz frequency, the playback stutters momentarily every second or so. I didn't have this problem with the HH3.

Has anyone seen this before and, if so, what was the solution?

Thanks very much,

Graham

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Streaming movies between laptops stutters

Go to solution

did you turn off smart setup 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

did you split the networks 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

I would go to hub and change lease time from 1 day to 21 days

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
thegrahamcole
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Streaming movies between laptops stutters

Go to solution

Thanks for replying. I have tried those but unfortunately they made no difference.

I have spent some more time diagnosing the problem and, embarrassingly, I have found the problem. The recent movies I ripped from my DVDs had scanned in at 24 frames per second, rather than using the original frame rate used on the disk. So, for example, the original frame rate might be 25 fps but I had ripped it at 24 fps. Hence a skipped frame every second.

I have a lot of re-ripping to do now - but atleast I know the cause of the problem.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Graham

0 Ratings