Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PS61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Hub 5 Type A constantly dropping connection

Over the past 2 months all my wireless devices lose connection in unison, pretty much once a day and the Hub has to be reset. I have contacted BT several times, had them monitor my line and performed every possible setting change, including splitting the networks, switching off 5ghz and turning off "Smart Wireless" in favour of keeping the networks on a chosen channel. None of this has solved the problem and BT refuse to believe there is a problem with the Hub hardware.

The Hub is in the same position in my house that every router I have owned for 10 years has sat and this is the first time there has been any issue, it is a simple terraced house. The devices that disconnect are from a multitude of manufacturers so this is not a case of a bug in a specific OS.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub 5 Type A constantly dropping connection

Have you changed the lease time in the hub from 1 day to 21 days?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PS61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

No I have never changed anything involving lease settings.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

then I would change the lease settings to 21 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings