cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - consistently dropping connection

NO isp will guarantee wireless coverage or reliability due to too many external interference sources and the device is not mentioned in the T & C's
0 Ratings
Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Obviously. But then they shouldn't extol the fictitious ability (by your argument) of the HH5 to maintain a wireless connection. The customer relies on the advertisement statement.
Seph

My advice is at your risk.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

you could also say that about other router manufacturers as well and some off their claims
0 Ratings
Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

But we are discussing BT & the HH5, not other ISPs. I am not aware of any other ISP campaign that goes on about WiFi in the way tha BT are doing.
Seph

derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

Totally agree with you, HH5 being heavily promoted on TV now as "the most reliable wireless connection ever" also bt.com/homehub5 - "The new BT Home Hub, Our Most Reliable Wireless signal!". This is 1 hour after mine has dropped it's connection again with no walls in the way and directly in front of me and within 10ft of my laptop.

teakbank12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

I was actually ordering shopping online earlier on the wired pc next to the hub which sits next to main feed box (all other internal wiring was disconnected).

I gave up after an hour of disconnections & wife said you'd be easier driving twenty miles to shop than using that piece if junk!!

I am now using my 3 dongle which i pay monthly for & it's performing better than Infinity!!

I would get rid of broadband & landline entirely if it wasn't for Sky downloads i have.

0 Ratings
teakbank12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Forgot to add i'm sitting ten feet from hub using my tablet via wifi, hardly live in a mansion 🙂

0 Ratings
Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Seriously, if it's the same after the engineers have done their bit, move to a modem + router system as I've described.
Seph

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

While you should not have to do this, my advice would be to buy either a decent VDSLmodem/router or an Openreach modem and a decent wireless router and after having fitted which ever one you buy see how far you can throw the Homehub 5.

Which ever route you go down it will cost you about £70 and provided there is not a fault on your line, it will totally transform your Internet experience and you will no longer be subjected to BT pushing software updates that you don't want or any of the other problems associated with the Homehub 5. 

Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Spot on.
Seph

0 Ratings