cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PokerP
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Hub 5 type A, keeps changing 2 specific things

Go to solution

We have been using a HH5 for a year or two.

In the last 6 months, on at least 4 occasions, these 2 things happen (presumeably at the same time);

- the "Access Control feature enable" changes from no to yes

- the routers admin password is changed (not to the default password).

The 1st time this happened the password override wouldnt fix the problem and we had to a factory reset.

Everytime since then we have been able to do a password override, and we have changed the password as well.

Does anyone have any idea whats causing this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub 5 type A, keeps changing 2 specific things

Go to solution

Does it coincide with when you have visitors? Sounds like somebody is playing tricks with you by factory resetting the hub to revert it to default password and then changing it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

children trying to get round parental controls?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
PokerP
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Well, I'm flabbergasted. 

This post started off as "neither of those things can be true...", "i'm very concerned i've been hacked..." etc. It turns out that my 13yr old son was responsible, even though it affected him as much as the rest of us.

At the moment I'm still bathing in the feeling of relief that our network is secure. The amount of time deducted from his Fortnite allowance is yet to be determined

0 Ratings