cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BT Home Hub 6 Blocking Samba File Sharing over LAN

Go to solution

Does the BT Home Hub 6 support Samba File Sharing between Hosts connected by WiFi?

I am trying to access Storage on another Host on the LAN but a search does not show any available devices. The Router seems to be blocking the protocol (multicast DNS or mDNS) that is used for discovering things like Samba shares.

Do I need to configure something in the Home Hub 6 Firewall or Access Controls?

Thank you for reading. All help or suggestions welcome ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Home Hub 6 Blocking Samba File Sharing over LAN

Go to solution

If it is within your LAN, the hub will have no knowledge of let alone block anything that is passing. Bear in mind SMB1 is disabled by default on W10 machines.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you for your response. Yes, I know that SMB1.0 is disabled by default in Windows 10 but I have enabled both Client and Server on my Windows 10 PCs on the LAN.

This observation is of Raspberry Pi devices on the Wireless LAN which cannot see one another on a search. They are on consecutive addresses on the network so I am at a loss to understand why they cannot see one another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi

Did you ever resolve the issue of BT Hub blocking SMB wii access to android devices please? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

It doesn't block SMB

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I can access it via the windows desktop, but I can not via, Android device. 

Help please. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Then clearly the problem isn't with the hub, it is with your Android device. Does your Android device support smb1?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

How do I tell. 

It is a Samsung Galaxy s21

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Ask Samsung

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

They are no help. Any ideas how to access my usb drive attached to home hub 6 on my android. I can access them on windows desktop

0 Ratings