cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Hub 6 & Broadlink

Go to solution
I recently bought the Broadlink RM-Pro e-Remote Control. I am unable to connect the device to my BT Home Hub 6. I disabled the 5ghz. However it connects ok at my friend's house, he has the BT Home Hub 5, with the band's split.
The problem is obviously with BT Home Hub 6. Can anyone offer any advice please? 
Thank you
Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub 6 & Broadlink

Go to solution

When you say it won't connect do you mean that it won't accept the Smarthubs log on password or do you mean that it can get logged onto the hub but won't operate once connected?

Have you turned off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
To set up the device you enter hub name and password whilst it is in configuration mode. After 60 seconds I get the message 'failed to find device'. Smart set up is disabled on both hubs. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Hi, just in case anyone else has this problem I am posting the solution I found on the Expert Review site. With 5ghz switched off I changed wireless mode from 1 to 2. It is also recommended you use the e control app not the ihc one.