cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy9
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Home Hub 6, connection dropping out regularly

Same issue, drops out for any amount of time during the day or night.  Had BT check the line from their base (how they do this, no idea).  BT reported a fault with the hub.  Sent me a new Hub, connected it up, fitted new line from socket to hub.  Fitted new filter.  Still dropping out, Not Happy.Reported to BT for the third time, response "there is a fault that maybe within your house we can send an engineer out at a cost if the fault is within your property".

OK engineer arrives and guess what? No fault within the house, engineer looks at the box around the corner, there for over an hour, donsnt inform me of any issues just goes away.  after 3 days the speed goes up, oh yes its fixed.

No its not, cus yet again its dropping out when it feels like it.  had enough may change provider. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Home Hub 6, connection dropping out regularly

Hi @andy9,

If there's a fault with your line, then changing provider will make no difference.

Are you getting the drop outs regardless of connection type (wired or wireless)?

Are the Hub lights changing when the connection drops?

Can you post your router stats?

Can you post the result of your phone number from here: http://dslchecker.bt.com, remember to blank out your number but keep the exchange and cab info.

Is your line noisy?
Highlighted
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

hi,
have this with my hh6, been going on for while. Hope for some joy soon too!
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

*deleted*

0 Ratings
ap1943
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I’m having the same problem. My hub has been working fine up until recently. Suspect it might have something to do with them bringing out a new hub, as the solution given to me by customer services was to spent another £10 a month and upgrade to their new hub. No thanks ! I’ll be changing suppliers. BT customer of nearly 50 yrs.  

0 Ratings
andy9
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

See previous post, if there is a fault no good changing suppliers cus 9 times out of 10 its a fault with the BT line. Seen lots of BT vans in our area recently, touch wood the line has not dropped for a couple of days now, maybe enough people had the same issue!!!!!!
0 Ratings