cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT Home Hub 6

the connection speed display is a known issue and should be corrected with the next firmware release
0 Ratings
RomanzaUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 37

I have nothing but problems with home hub 6.

When it connects it works fine.  Good strong WiFi signal around the home.

However, I keep losing broadband connection, and it refuses to re-connect.

when I re-connect hub 5 I get no problems at all.

Anyone else having problems like this

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 37

I have been monitoring mine since i got it last Thursday. I found that the HH6 was very unstable and also some web pages were slow. I also found the hub disconnected when watching Amazon Prime few times over the weekend

This morning I had problems in connecting to corporate VPN. It connected for few minutes then disconnected. very unreliable.

I have now disconnected the hub and reconnected my TP Link D9. No more disconnected and Wifi range far better than HH6.

It is a shame because I like the look of the HH6 and also it is easy for my familiy to understand, but I don't think it is any better than the old HH4 that I used to use.

I will keep the HH6 may may try it again in a months time perhaps.

0 Ratings
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 14 of 37

I got my HH6 this morning and tried to get to work as a Router only but was unable. Does anyon know if it will work like the HH5? I could not find anything in the manual.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 37

no the hub 6 does not work only as a router it is a router /vdsl modem unit
0 Ratings
flycop2000
Contributor
Message 16 of 37

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh well, I'll put it back in the box and onto a shelf in the attic.
0 Ratings
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 37

I have had an email saying if I re-contract for another 18 months and pay another £2.50 a month (I assume for 18 months, but it's not clear) I can hav a HH6! Can't I just buy it?

Chris.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 37

If you really want to part with money for an ISPs router apparently you can buy one by using this link

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&produ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
G4RHL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 37

Mine arrived Monday this week. The wifi signal it puts out seems weaker than the HH5. Indeed with my iPad or iPhone 3 feet from the hub both often prefer and find a stronger signal coming from a range extender downstairs in my lounge about as far away as one could get. Sometimes the HH6 could not be seen. I have changed its settings to separate the 2.4hz and 5hz signals so that they appear as separate wifi spots. This has helped a lot but the HH6 still does not exhibit any sign of an improvement on the HH5. 

0 Ratings
R_G
Beginner
Message 20 of 37

The HH6 does not want to retain settings. I set PC's to static always use this IP address and when I look next time its back to DHCP sigh. It also assigned the same IP address to two different devices at one point. This should never be possible. The 5GHz SSID on the front screen is missing the "-5" when the networks are split. That said up/down speeds on Infinity 2 seem OK. Windows also agrees with these figures. Downstream sync speed: 79.83 Mbps Upstream sync speed:20.00 Mbps I just wish the the software was tested properly before it was let out in the wild. I hope someone from BT will read this and get the issues fixed. I have screenshots of the issues/errors.
Regards

RG
0 Ratings