No, the hub is 192.168.1.1 as it has been since I contracted BT - it only reverted to the default 192.168.1.254 on Friday after I did the factory reset. I then manually changed it back to 192.168.1.1 - which is how the Youview was configured to connect. All the devices were working with 192.168.1.1 as the address/gateway.
My phone number seems to be ok (in as much as that is what the BT team saw this morning as caller display).
If I factory reset the home hub and leave it at 1.254, then I have to change all my other devices.
Is there o way of checking what the firmware upgrade (if there was one) was on Friday? And given the issue seems to be bandwidth - does BT throttle the bandwidth at any point in the comms link (given that the hub->youview is now a direct connect)?
Unfortunately, the standard help is going to be to reset the home hub to factory default, then restart the YouView box so it gets all of the correct setting via DHCP, assuming you have not manually configured it.
Once that is done, and you still cannot get the subscription channels, then its possible a moderator may be able to help, as it could be an account issue.
I cannot suggest anything else.
OK - after wiring the youview box direct from the hub, got back in touch with support (Newcastle this time) and had a lengthy chat with a lass up there. She obviously realised the powerline adapters weren't the issue. So that left, the line, the hub and the youview box. I had been with BT before so also had an additional 'spare' humax youview - so I swapped the youview boxes and the replacement box didn't find the subscription channels at all. So no 'subscribe' on the blue button, no subscription channels in the channel list and no BT Player. BBC iPlayer was still in apps and worked fine.
So, armed with the additional info, they delved into the connection a bit more (as it was now either the line or the hub) and they found drop outs at the exchange/external box that coincided with Fridays hub reset. So it appears that Friday's issue may not have been an upgrade but more an issue externally. That issue was stopping the subscription channels.
An engineer has been booked to sort out the problem next wednesday (15th).
Sorry that you are having problems with your BTTV service.
Can you update this thread after the engineer has been out and if you are still having problems the MOD team can take a look into this for you?
OK - No contact from BT at all yesterday - no 'it's been fixed' message.
But I checked the Youview Box at about midday, and 399 channel worked fine, as did the other subscribed channels that I tried. BBC iPlayer and BT player were also working fine. All still working fine last night.
So it seems that it has been fixed and without need of access to the kit inside the house - the assumption being that the issue was an exchange/external box issue. There was no problem with either the powerline adapters I use (Netgear) nor the configuration of the hub/internal network.
I think the frustration from my perspective was that this was the second time I'd had an issue with BT (there's a thread on this community with regard to texts to my landline) and the initial response from BT has been to blame non-BT kit, without really offering up a reason as to why/how that kit could be at fault.
Can someone explain what the BT powerline adapters do that other manufacturers' don't? And isn't BT kit, just badged kit anyway? Surely, if you're going to say '...it's the powerline adapters..' you need to be able to say how replacing the adapters would have any effect - ie what the new ones do differently - and also then explain how the existing adapters could then have been working absolutely fine BEFORE the issue with the subscribed channels arose.
If I hear from BT as to how to the fault was closed, I'll post it back here.
Just received an EMail saying the fault is closed. The EMail give no information as to what the fault was. No one has been in touch from BT to check if the fault has been resolved. I have two BT powerline adapters sent out to 'fix' the problem that I don't want as the issue was nothing to do with the adapters I currently have.
But at least the issue is fixed.