Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Blue_Monk
Message 1 of 2

BT HomeE Hub 3.0

Hello,

I have a BT HomeE Hub 3.0 (Type A), Software version : 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A).

I would like to know how can i limit the speed over wirelessto certain computers or all.

I've could not find any settings in the Hub manager and i was wondering if there is a way to edit the a conf file to enforce limiting for this version of BT home Hub.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
numerouno
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT HomeE Hub 3.0

Hi Blue_monk

Yes you can limit the speed of the wireless transfer but not the total Broadband speed. Ur Hub 3.0 is b/g/n enabled so u would be able to transfer data upto 130Mbps however changing this interface type to b mode the transfer is restricted upto 30mbps - you can set this either ways

i ) Go to the settings mode in your hub and then go to advanced settings > Wireless settings> Change interface to 802.11b/g/n to 802.11b. click apply ( This may not give u a longer range of use)

ii) Or you could try it on ur PC / Laptop - by accessing ur driver details under advanced settings.

Recommendition : You could take help from BB technical support team (0800 111 4567) 24/7 before you do any changes on your hub.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings