cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT HomeHub 4 - Event Log

I am trying to add a FOSCAM camera to my wifi network. It would appear my HUB 4 is preventing the connection. What assistance is available to interpret the Event Log? Each time I attempt the connection (which fails) I can see an entry on the Event Log but do not understand what it means. Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT HomeHub 4 - Event Log

Welcome to this user forum. @BBsas999

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

With Foscam cameras its best to configure them using an Ethernet connection to the home hub to start with, as that allows you to scan for wireless connections.

I have three working Foscam cameras, and they are easy to setup.

Which model of Foscam do you have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your response, I will investigate this. My camera is FI19803P.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@BBsas999 wrote:

Did you initially set it up by connecting it to your home hub using an Ethernet cable so that you could see the camers image on your computer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I connected via cable and using the foscam app could get the image on my iPhone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@BBsas999 wrote:

I connected via cable and using the foscam app could get the image on my iPhone.

Within the initial camera setup, there should be an option to scan for wireless networks. You should be able to see the HH4 SSID and select it. It will ask for the wireless password and should authenticate.

You should then be able to disconnect the Ethernet cable, and the camera should connect to th HH4 wireless, provided its close enough.

As its an outdoor camera, its going to have difficulty picking up a wireless signal unless the HH4 is very close, so I would be inclined to connect it to the home hub using an Ethernet cable.

As you have to run power to it, you may as well run an Ethernet cable as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

In the fullness of time it is my intention to hardwire the camera (once I can run cables under floors etc). The wifi connection was meant to ease the testing/location. Another IP camera I already use, works fine it's just this foscam one that's more of a challenge. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

@BBsas999 wrote:
In the fullness of time it is my intention to hardwire the camera (once I can run cables under floors etc). The wifi connection was meant to ease the testing/location. Another IP camera I already use, works fine it's just this foscam one that's more of a challenge. Thanks for your help.

Mine are all indoor ones, F18910W. Two Ethernet connected, one wireless connected to a wireless access point.

0 Ratings