cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Homehub 3 - MAC Filtering

I can't seem to find any MAC filtering options on the router. The only way i can currently block devices is once they have already connected which is inconvenient. I have a list of wireless devices MAC addresses which i want to block, is there any way to do this or shal i ditch the home hub and buy something else?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Homehub 3 - MAC Filtering

There is no MAC filtering option. If you want to block wireless devices, then simply change the wireless key, and do not give the unwanted users the new key.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

There is no MAC filtering option. If you want to block wireless devices, then simply change the wireless key, and do not give the unwanted users the new key.

This isn't feasable, there are a large amount of people who have access to the network, too many to keep a wireless key secure.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

You must have a lot of people in your house Smiley Wink

The only other option is to use a different router, or use a separate wireless access point, and turn the home hub wireless off.

I use a TP-Link WA701ND, which has full MAC control, and even multiple SSIDs, each with their own key and MAC filtering.

0 Ratings