cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6 Connection Issue to PC

Ive got a BT Hub 6 which I connect wirelessly to my TV, Phone, Tablet and PC

The issue I've recently recently got is that the PC won't connect to the hub each time I start it. The only way I've found is to reboot both the hub and PC, which is becoming a pain. Once connected everything is stable with no drop outs etc.

I've tried the forget the connection and then using the network password to log in but makes no difference

I'm still running Windows 8 with a Netgear USB receiver, which until recently has been fine

Any suggestions please ? Using an ethernet cable is not convenient due to the distance between the hub and PC

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6 Connection Issue to PC

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

have you tried splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks and see if that helps.  I would also select channels manually instead of leaving on auto select

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that - I've tested it a couple of times and seems OK

Do you have any recommendation which channels to set manually please

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The channels to select are unique to your location, nobody can recommend which to use. You need to either use a WiFi analyser app on your phone to see what channels are being used close to your location or just use trial and error.

0 Ratings