cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrangryoven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6 (Smart Hub) - Disconnections and Can't change name of 5G network when bands are separated.

So, im having issues with my BT Smart Hub at the moment. Im having frequent device disconnections where Windows 10 PCs say "Unable to connect to this network" and under network and sharing center it says "Attempting to Authenticate". The key hasnt changed and the devices were connected earlier with no issues.

Just as a test I wanted to separate the 2G and 5G networks, I turned on the seperate bands feature and then found that I can change the name of the 2G network to whatever I want but when I try to type in the 5G SSID box, it just adds the first letter i type and then "-5" on the end, and thats all it allows. When i try and type it adds it to the box and then gets instantly backspaced so I cant type anything more as my SSID than "S-5" (Fantastic).

Is anyone else having these issues? There bugging my family alot and Im not sure what to do.

This has only been happening since the latest firmware upgrade on my BT Hub 6 (SG4B10002236 - updated 26th October 2016)

Im thinking about factory resetting the hub but im reluctant to as then I have to set up my Dynamic DNS and my IP Ranges again.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6 (Smart Hub) - Disconnections and Can't change name of 5G network when bands are separat

You can backup the configuration.  Do the reset if you really want to, then restore the config file.

Not using a hub but the backup option should be easy to find.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6 (Smart Hub) - Disconnections and Can't change name of 5G network when bands are separat

I don't think you need to type anything in for the 5ghz name. I think it simply adds -5 to whatever you call the 2.4ghz WiFi. So if you name your 2.4ghz signal George, the 5ghz will appear as George-5
0 Ratings
Craggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

My Smart Hub was working ok until SG4B10002236 then it kept dropping connection. I did a factory reset and all was good again until later that night BT forced the SG4B10002236 update on me again and the problems came back.

0 Ratings