cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 80

Re: BT Hub 6 broken after power cut

Hi @miltonb120 and thanks for posting.

You shouldn't need a replacement smart hub after each power cut. There might be an underlying problem that needs investigating so can you send me over your details using the contact the moderators link in my profile?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 22 of 80

I have had this problem ever since we got our Smarthub.

I am now on my 3rd. 

The ONLY solution is to hardware reset the router which means losing any customisation I ever put on it.

Can BT please get a router made that can handle power cuts? 

P.s. I am on my 30+ phonecall to BT over 6 months and on my 3rd Smart hub. Its such a shame to have to rinse-repeat the same tired old customer service scripts over and over for the same age old issues. 

You know, I really don't think its fair to your customers to provide a router that cannot handle a power failure or being turned off? These Smart hubs are just so flaky. 

The latest is BT wanting to send an engineer out for £130 to check my cables to our master socket. I can revert back to our HH4 and it works fine. Why cant you just admit fault, bin the nackered Smart hubs and buy your customers (who are paying £54 for internet ONLY each month) a half decent router. 

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 23 of 80

I share yr frustration

i had an engineer check my whole system about 8 weeks ago , found nothing,and when he came to reconnect surprise surprise it wouldn't! He ended up leaving a 5 which connected without issue and I rang customer support and to be fair had a new 6 within 48 hours! I also have lots of special settings but all backed up so once reset, which sometimes takes an hour , I get everything as I want it until the next power cut!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 80

@Yanic wrote:

I have had this problem ever since we got our Smarthub.

I am now on my 3rd. 

The ONLY solution is to hardware reset the router which means losing any customisation I ever put on it.

You should do a back up of your settings and if you have to do a factory reset you can restore your customisation settings via the backup which wll take a minute.

0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 25 of 80

I did but last time I tried to use that function with a smart hub it fell over while trying to restore settings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 26 of 80

We have found exactly the same thing..  it has happened after a power cut.. We got a replacement hub.. but we needed to fit a new electric cooker so all electricity was switched off. This time we used the power on /off switch on the back to turn everything off before we did the cooker.. only for it to refuse to come back on again... this truly is the pits.. and then when we ran ghtye had the gaul to try and charge us £50 for replacement after it broke after only 5 weeks?!!?!.... 

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 27 of 80

I have just had the same problem without a power cut where the router suddenly rebooted and stuck on solid orange for ages! tried reset and it wouldnt reset! got the last faulty one that I hadnt returned, managed to get it to reset, restored my settings and all now working!

BT were in touch last week after i raised another issue via the forum but it seems to be getting worse!

Toying with buying a non BT router to experiment but parting with more cash is stopping me!!!

at least they havent tried to charge me for replacement routers and to be fair to BT have always suppield a replacement within 48 hours

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 80

Hi @miltonb120 Thanks for posting an update. I know Neil is looking into this for you and will be in touch as soon as he has an update.

thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 80

I agree. If I power down the Smarthub 6 the only way to get it working is to do a factory reset via the pin hole. Otherwise it's a solid orange light followed by a purple light. Also the backup restore option is very hit and miss.
0 Ratings
iankitson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 80

Same problem with Home Hub 6 suddenly drops out and keeps wanting to go through the startup cycle. Put the HH5 back and no everything works no problem. Obtained a replacement HH 6 which worked fine for a few months and then same old problem. Tried a factory reset but still not working. Yet another call to look forward to with BTs contact centre. Please BT supply a HH that works and keeps on working.
0 Ratings