Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 38

Re: BT Hub - Blue light on but no internet on any devices

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies - I have disabled smart set up and powered off / restarted Hub and Ipad - made no difference (also on the PC plugged into the Hub) - all devices still work as normal if I hotspot them from a mobile phone. They are unable to use the Wifi from the Hub. My local printer is connected to the Hub. I am able to print wirelessly - so the Wifi in the house is working / devices are on the network ok via the Hub- they just can go onto the internet. I am still 98% convinced this is an upstream (server/software/setting?) issue for BT.  The line fault / local fault smart setup.jpgstatus was helpful - I will post that shortly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution
Cant go onto the internet :0)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

Hi and thanks again for the help - the fault tracker shows there was an issue in our area (butLine faults .jpg before we lost service at around 10pm Saturday night). It says the issue is fixed. Our account shows a 'possible' broadband fault but then says on a deep dive no faults to display. See attached.  We still have no internet access from any device via the Hub (and keep in mind we have a valid older Hub which when connected also shows blue light etc - but no device connection. All this started on Saturday night (30th May). 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution
Sorry - my timeline has been getting out of sync / multitasking with limited internet taking as toll maybe.
Incident started around 6pm on Friday 29th.
We reported it / ran tests with BT am - Saturday 30th
The online log shows a fault in our area was resolved at 16:16 on Saturday 30th
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @TheAlanB,

Do you have your hub connected to the master socket and do you get any noise on the line when you do the Silent Line Test?

Thanks

Matt

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

Hi Mat - been there but thanks for helping. Silent line test is 100% ok. The Hub is on an extension (all sockets are filtered). All Hubs I have ever owned have run in the same place / no issues for many years. At the insistence of the support engineer I moved the Hub (my old Hub) to the main incoming phone socket Saturday morning. Blue light / no internet / no difference. I then switched to the new Hub (also direct in the main socket) while BT support were on the phone - again blue light / all ok..... but no internet.  I do think there is an issue upstream - something has changed outside the house. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

@TheAlanB,

Your hub should always be connected to the master socket. Can you connect the hub to the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket and leave the hub 24 hours?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

Ok - I have been trying to avoid that one but will give it a go :0)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

Hello Matt, It is now plugged into the master test socket - and is dancing blue again.  I am still unable to connect with any devices. It will be 24 hours at midday Monday.

Kind regards,

Alan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution
I should add that I have tried different cables / filters as well - still all the same.
0 Ratings