cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 38

Re: BT Hub - Blue light on but no internet on any devices

Go to solution

I guess this is the dumbest question of all time but here goes, was your broadband solid and reliable before this happened or has it been problematic for some time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 38

Go to solution

No dumb questions - only dumb answers. I have been at this address 27 years and always been with BT. I think I have had broadband around 12 years (maybe more) - I have had numerous Hubs and apart from the odd/ rare local short term area wide outages they have all worked very well.  I still strongly think something has changed at the BT/server  end - not my end - and it happened PM on Friday 29th May after they fixed a local fault (we were not aware of any fault / our internet was fine till early evening on the 29th).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @TheAlanB,

What are the chances that this second hub you have connected is also faulty?

Your hub stats show that your hub is connected to the network. Have you tried to connect a computer to the hub using an ethernet cable, wireless within the hub could have gone faulty?

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 38

Go to solution

I have a wireless printer connected to the Hub.... and I can print to that from my PC - also connected to Hub - so I think Wifi network in the house is good. PC was also connected to the Hub via an RJ45 and I can see the Hub page via Wireless or cable connection - but no external internet. I have said this before but I think something has changed outside the house / upstream - it seems hard to convince people of that possibility. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

I would say chances are close to zero. Hub as worked for years / no issues...  Then blue light but no internet connection.

A brand new hub then has exactly the same very rare fault - but on start up / not after long term operation - blue light / all ok but no internet access - My first thought would be an upstream / external or server issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 38

Go to solution
also new hub is a different / more modern version (smart Hub 2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

@TheAlanB 

All very strange.

You mentioned that the engineer is booked for 3 weeks time. Sounds like BT have booked a cube engineer to check your home set up as they would normally be able to get an Openreach engineer out within a few days even with CV19. BT would only book a cube engineer if all their network tests passed and they were able to pick up your hub and see it connected.  If it does turn out to be a network issue cube won't be able to help sadly. 

It doesn't look like a network fault to me from what you have said but maybe @imjolly or one of the other Community Leaders might know better?

Highlighted
Message 28 of 38

Go to solution

@TheAlanBwrote:

No dumb questions - only dumb answers. I have been at this address 27 years and always been with BT. I think I have had broadband around 12 years (maybe more) - I have had numerous Hubs and apart from the odd/ rare local short term area wide outages they have all worked very well.  I still strongly think something has changed at the BT/server  end - not my end - and it happened PM on Friday 29th May after they fixed a local fault (we were not aware of any fault / our internet was fine till early evening on the 29th).

The reason for my earlier question was to try and determine if this was a progressive fault slowly getting worse or a sudden event, I think it fair to say you've answered that question.

If it was an exchange fault or server fault then you wouldn't be the only one affected by it, also the blue hub light suggests that you are connected to the internet, can you think of anything at home which may be responsible (decorating, recent building work etc)?

On a separate line of thought, you can clearly log in to the hub manager, click on "Advanced Settings" and "My Network", are all the device ip addresses in the range 192.168.1.xxx

Now go back to "Advanced Settings" and click on "Broadband", toward the bottom of the page is a section called "TCP/IP information", is each field in this section showing an IP address? (see picture).

Broadband.jpg

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 38

Go to solution

I think Covid has caused the engineers delay - and I do think this is an upstream issue. 

Thanks all for any help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 38

Go to solution

Ok - I will have a look at that for you.

0 Ratings