cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

BT Hub Event Log

Go to solution

I have recently had my wifi hacked with serious intrusion into my personal life. I ended up changing the hub password and re-setting all my devices with the new 12 character password. I still feel this may be happening again. I found the hub event log which shows activity from 00.02 to 01.46 on the 14th June when none of my devices were being used.

My first login was at 06.19 as recorded on log.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? \thanks in advance. See attached screen shot of log event.

Event log 14th June 2021Event log 14th June 2021

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT Hub Event Log

Go to solution

the TR69 entries are the BT update server checking hub for updates - if that is the 'hack' you are worried about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 22

Re: BT Hub Event Log

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with hub event logs at the moment. If TR69 is BT owned then that's good news. 

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Re-starting Hub?

Go to solution

Is it good practice to re-start the hub after changing password?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Re: Re-starting Hub?

Go to solution

No

Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

no need to restart

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

copy and paste password

Go to solution

Is there a way I can paste my admin password in the dialogue box when changing password. I have to do this manually and it does recognize the password?

When using initial login for admin It will let me paste it in successfully?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. PS BTHub6

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Re: copy and paste password

Go to solution

Why do you keep changing the admin password?

0 Ratings