cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub flashing all the colours before turning off and turning back on again

Not sure if this is the right place but my BT hub has done something very strange this evening!

It started flashing Orange then it flashed green and red and blue and orange very quickly in succession before flashing orange then repeating itself and then turning off briefly before turning on again with orange light! WiFi has been on since - but why did my hub decide it wanted to be a Joseph's technicolour Dreamcoat and flash all those colours really quickly??? Is it BT or Open Reach running tests or is it an issue with the hub or is it some more nefarious?! 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub flashing all the colours before turning off and turning back on again

Hi @dMcConkey95 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That sounds like the connection has dropped out on the line and the flashing lights happen when the Hub resyncs with the exchange. There are many reasons as to why this may have happened, do you have any noise on your landline? 

If possible can you try a quiet line test by dialling 17070 and selecting option 2, it should be silent?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Hub flashing all the colours before turning off and turning back on again

@NeilO sadly I don't have a landline phone to do this test with, but i think you could be right. I only switched over to BT on Thursday and was plagued with issues for a few days which were supposedly sorted but I'm still not convinced- I'm yet to see (at all) my download speed reach ANYTHING near the expected speed even during the middle of the day, though I do understand that this can take some days to settle anyway. 

Perhaps I should contact BTs repair team again and see if they'll come out ? I'm convinced there is an issue with our line from the Cabinet! Alternatively do you think it's wise me borrowing someone's landline phone and connecting it to see if there is an issue??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I would suggest you borrow a corded landline phone and try quiet line test as that would be reported as phone fault not broadband to 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings