cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanyab
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Hub not connecting to broadband

My activation day was on the 13th. I had 2 emails sent to me and a text saying my broadband was ready, but the BT Hub I have connected flashes a purple light, indicating that the broadband wire is not connected when it clearly is. When I go to the BT Smart Hub Manager it says that the Broadband connection status is "Disconnected". My Sky Hub was working just fine right before the activation. I've performed every check, rewired everything, factory reset and still after over 6 hours of struggling nothing has changed. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Faulty hub, or has BT just not activated my broadband?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Hub not connecting to broadband

Is your phone working?

0 Ratings
Tanyab
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

We don't have a phone but the Sky Hub was working just fine earlier.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

first priority is check you have a dial tone  if no tone then no broadband

a £5 investment on a cheap corded phone can save you callout Fee of £129.99 in the future

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Tanyab wrote:
We don't have a phone but the Sky Hub was working just fine earlier.

You will need to plug in a phone, to prove whether its a problem with the line itself. You can buy a cheap wired phone for less that £10.

0 Ratings
Tanyab
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Just tried a wired phone. Works perfectly, can receive calls and call from it.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

if you have a dial tone then line ok so looks like the flashing purple there is no internet connection  you need to phone customer services and get connected/activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings