cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Hybrid Connect and Whole Home Wi-Fi.

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I have a BT Smart Hub 2 with 6 of the white Whole Home Wi-Fi discs scattered around my bunker.  As a result, and because I can, I am running two wi-fi networks - one from the Smart Hub (call it A) and another from the discs (B).

Network A is just used for the security cameras around the bunker - Network B is for everything else.

I've just arranged for an upgrade to Full Fibre and BT have sent me, as part of the package, a Hybrid Connect box.

My assumption is, if I set up the Hybrid Connect box, and, if the Broadband goes down, only Network A will be "backed up" by the new box and Network B will be lost - is this correct?  Or would they both be magically restored?

I may be overthinking this and the Hybrid Connect box might just take over everything...

SUPPLEMENTARY QUESTION:

If I did as I was told in the first place and only ran Network B by switching off the wi-fi network being managed by the Smart Hub (A), would the Hybrid Connect do anything at all in the event of a failure?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Hybrid Connect and Whole Home Wi-Fi.

Go to solution

The hybrid connect works on the WAN side of the SmartHub so when the VDSL/FTTP connections go down, 4G takes over. All LAN side devices will continue to work seamlessly and both Wi-fi networks will continue to work. 

Steve 

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Hybrid Connect and Whole Home Wi-Fi.

Go to solution

Thank you sir.

0 Ratings