cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kaseybaydoyle
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Inf2 HHub4 5GHz Mobile Connection Drops.

Hey there.

I have the BT Infinity 2 package and the HH4. I have been experiencing this pretty much from the get go. Basically what will happen is:
Ill be using my wifi through my phone (XperiaZ). The wifi will drop, I won't be able to do anything for ten odd minutes until it starts back up again in recoeving data. It happens intermittently. It worsens when I am watching Youtube videos.
It is really frustrating as I use my phone nonstop as a sort of laptop so to not be able to have full wifi access is getting really annoying.

My phone never did this with my last bt package that was preinstated when we moved in. I thought it could be my phone however I went to my fathers over the weekend and he has plusnet running. My phone didn't drop connecyion once. Which leads me to believe it to be a sync or recognition error of sort between my wifi and my phone...

Now I tried port forwarding but gave up because I didn't find a smartphone option like there is for the XBox. So then I looked at what's connected and realised my phone is in the 5GHz Wireless as oppose to all other devices on 2.4GHz. Now I think this might have something to do with it.

Here's me thinking the bigger number the better 😉
Anyway! Any help on this would be Great!
Thanks guys
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Inf2 HHub4 5GHz Mobile Connection Drops.

Can you use your old router instead?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

Connect to the 2.4 GHz band

1. Open your web browser on a device connected to the Hub and go to http://bthomehub.home. This will open the Hub Manager
  2. Click on Advanced Settings and enter your Hub admin password when prompted. Unless you've changed it, you'll find the default Hub password on the Hub settings card
  3. Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
  4. Click on Wireless
  5. Click on 5GHz
  6. Change 'Sync with 2.4 Ghz' to No
  7. Change the "Wireless SSID" to a new name
  8. Click Apply to save the changes

When connecting to a wireless network, you will now see both the old network name (SSID) which can be used for 2.4GHz connections and the new name you choose for the 5GHz band. This can be used for connections on compatible devices.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
kaseybaydoyle
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks! I just tested it on my phone and I am getting higher speeds. will check to see how it goes over a period of time.

It says that the channel for 5ghz is channel 48... Now Isnt that a little bit high? usually they're like 8 max right?

Also the connection to my phone is weak. If I go into the "room to cook" (It's not letting me post Kitch*n :S) I cannot pick up the wireless on my phone, I am in a 1 bedroom flat btw so Its all close proximity!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

5GHz use channel numbers 36 - 64

2.4GHZ use channels 1-13

5GHz has a very poor range in comparison to 2.4GHz which could be the reason you are getting a poor signal in the cooking room. Try selecting the 2.4GHz, if you have given them separate SSids and see how it performs. 

0 Ratings