cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ronof9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 1 on Mac Air 10.11.6 connection Issue (BT-FON & WIF-X) have reappeared

Hi, My Mac Air sometimes needs a dozen manual attempts to get wifi up and running, am constantly hitting my Hub5 option in the wifi icon, it then goes away fails repeatedly, and sometimes I think it says 'no ip address' when I open network preferences.

Also I asked BT Operator to remove wifi-with-fon and X, because of slow connection issues but these have reappeared?

I would normally do this myself, as previously when i asked an operator to do this after going through multiple security questions (about my account which I'm already looged into) he abruptly ended the 'chat' saying you need to go somewhere else

Unfortunately My password is not recognised in check status, I did not use a BT email as my account id, but did create one subsequently to registering my account via a gmail one, However even though I have managed to successfully get thru the forgotten passwword process for my btinternet email on check status, It will still not recognise the newly changed password, which I suspect is the same one I was inputting anyway.

Any Advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 1 on Mac Air 10.11.6 connection Issue (BT-FON & WIF-X) have reappeared

Have a look here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

And then once done forget network and join again.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Ronof9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Mac Air on Infinity 1 not connecting to HHUB5 - No IP Address

Mac Air will not connect at home, used to take many, many attempts before it would connect, but won't anymore

looked in 'Network' while attempting to connect and the 'No Isp' would 'swap in and out' with my HHub5 name' before eventually giving up.

Just seems to be a problem with my Mac Air, Ipad connects ok, and am typing this in Costa, which connected immediately?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Re: Mac Air on Infinity 1 not connecting to HHUB5 - No IP Address

Have you tried the suggestion postedby @rarmitage124

As you posted the same question on two different threads, I have merged them together.

0 Ratings
sloblock
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Re: Mac Air on Infinity 1 not connecting to HHUB5 - No IP Address

be interesting to know if the article posted sorts it.

Not had a problem with Yosemite, Mavericks or Sierra connecting to a HH 5

0 Ratings