Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nidge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity 4 and ASUS RT-AC87U

Go to solution

I am lucky enough to have FTTP and have recently upgraded to the BT Infinity 4 (300/30) service. When I plug in my BT HomeHub 5, BT Speedtest reports 310/30 but using my ASUS RT-AC87U I can only get around 150/19. I would like to be able to use the full speed that I amy paying for with the ASUS. Does anyone know what settings on the ASUS might be causing the difference in performance?

In the ASUS control panel, WAN Connection Type is PPoE, internet detection is PPP Echo. All other settings are default. The router is connected to the Infinity modem directly rather than downstream of a HomeHub. These settings worked fine for the lower speed Infinity service we have been using previously.

Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity 4 and ASUS RT-AC87U

Go to solution

Don't have an Asus but can you check if there's a setting for NAT acceleration.  If so, try turning it on.

0 Ratings
nidge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply.

The NAT option is turned on.

I've made some progress since my original post. I had adaptive QoS turned on set to the previous speed values. Turning that off has improved the upload speed to 30mb/s but has only marginally increased the download speed. There is still something else affecting the download speed 😞

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Seeing as the service looks ok the only thing that looks like it may be responsible is a Utility named Download master, it seems it can adjust 'upload and download bandwidth'.  Might be worth looking at.

0 Ratings
nidge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I don't have that installed (or at least I didn't) but I'll have a look. Otherwise it looks like I'm going to have to switch to a BT HomeHub 6.

0 Ratings
nidge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the PM. I reset the router as suggested back to defaults and that seems to have fixed the problem. Last speedtest was 294/26, but it's been higher than that. I did order a HH6 which will arrive tomorrow. I will keep that as a spare.

Don't know what the underlying issue was but the main thing is that the problem is fixed.

0 Ratings