cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markt91
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Infinity - PS3 Problems - Home Hub 5

Switched over to BT Infinity on Thursday and everything was working perfectly.  The only game I play online on the PS3 is Grand Theft Auto. From this morning I have constantly got the problem which says something like... timed out loading session. It will not let me play with other players at all 😕

Someone suggested port forwarding. I tried this, not sure if I did it correctly but it didn't work. I thought if it was working fine yesterday it wouldn't be this?

Please can someone help ?

Ive checked with people I know to see if anyone else is having problems and they aren't....just me

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Infinity - PS3 Problems - Home Hub 5

If you are connecting wirelessly you would be better to connect by Ethernet cable.

Also make sure you have turned off "smart set up" on the Homehub. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
markt91
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Yeah, I'm using an ethernet cable. Was sure I already turned smart set up off, I just doubled checked and I have.

Anything else it could be ?

I can sign into PSN and use the PS3 browser fine... Its just the actual online gaming

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

If port forwarding is needed, then this guide should help.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
markt91
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I'm not sure if it is port forwarding that needs to be done. Someone else told me they had problems with the Home Hub 5 until they changed everything that signs into the hub to have a static ip. Could this be the problem ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

If you read the link I posted, its all covered there, including static IP adresses.

0 Ratings
markt91
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

ok thanks. I will have a look. Is this a well known problem ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
suwasm12
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

hey i am also having the same problem with GTA V online.my friend has Virgin media and in it my ID works perfectly fine.he can sign in and play in a full lobby.it started happening after the firmware update which was on 23 of january.i tried everything.wont work.i joing BT on octouber .i was wokring fine till that day.did u mange to resolve that matter?if you did could you give me any tips.thank you

0 Ratings
thecrim22
Message 9 of 12

did anybody get a definite answer to this as im having the same faults after switching to hub 5 and infinity
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

0 Ratings