Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAULH1980
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity and TP Link TD-W9970

Go to solution
I want to replace my Smart Hub and today bought the TP Link TD-W9970. I have read lots of conflicting things on how to set it up on various forums but all instructions were for different TP routers. Needless to say I cannot get this working. I have wireless light on my router but no DSL light which apparently is key? I took the standard network cable I used for the smart hub and plugged it into the VDSL slot but I've read I need to use the Ethernet cable and go into the LAN4/WAN connection? It doesn't help that the outreach box on the wall takes both cables! Should the operation mode be DSL modem router mode OR wireless router mode? Anyhelp with this and the required settings would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity and TP Link TD-W9970

Go to solution

should be dsl modem/router

just need to use smart/quick setup select bt and then enter username  bthomehub@btbroadband.com and if password required use BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
PAULH1980
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity and TP Link TD-W9970

Go to solution
You know when you have an IT problem and you call support and as soon as they pick up the phone, the problem resolves itself. This is one of those times! No word of a lie I have been at this for ages and as soon as I clicked post I got it working! Thanks for he quick reply in any case!
0 Ratings