Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity with Cisco Meraki

Go to solution

Hello Forum, Struggling to find an answer and I would appreciate some help. I currently have a competitor BB product, but decided to move to BT as the pricing was very good. I currently run a router in "bridge mode" and this terminates on a Cisco Meraki Security Appliance, where you can enter the PPoE credentials, static ip address, VDI and VDI information. i would like to keep the current set up, but obviously the PPPoE username and password will change. I have 2 questions:

1. Does the BT residential Infinity product come supplied with PPoE, VDI, VCI etc to allow me to enter it into the Meraki? I am aware that this is a DHCP product.

2. Out of curiosity, does the supplied Smart Hub allowed to be configured in a bridge-mode?

TIA,

DC

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity with Cisco Meraki

Go to solution

@darkestclown wrote:

Hello Forum, Struggling to find an answer and I would appreciate some help. I currently have a competitor BB product, but decided to move to BT as the pricing was very good. I currently run a router in "bridge mode" and this terminates on a Cisco Meraki Security Appliance, where you can enter the PPoE credentials, static ip address, VDI and VDI information. i would like to keep the current set up, but obviously the PPPoE username and password will change. I have 2 questions:

1. Does the BT residential Infinity product come supplied with PPoE, VDI, VCI etc to allow me to enter it into the Meraki? I am aware that this is a DHCP product. Yes, but Infinity uses PTM rather than ATM so VCI/VPI is irrelevant. PPP username is generic bthomehub@btbroadband.com, password is not required but if router requires one anything will do. VLAN Id is 101. You will have a dynamic public IP address.

2. Out of curiosity, does the supplied Smart Hub allowed to be configured in a bridge-mode? No

TIA,

DC

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity with Cisco Meraki

Go to solution

Much Appreciated for the quick response.

DC

0 Ratings