Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenbluegreen
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Mesh System + Nighthawk R7000

Hi all,

im moving house where there is Fiber to the premises available. I’m planning on going for the 100meg guarantee one.

the house is Three storey and I’m planning on purchasing the mesh system (3 nodes) - I already have the router (not a cheap one).

my question is - will I be able to use my router in conjunction with the discs? I don’t want to buy another expensive bit of kit if I’ll have to retire the router. On the other hand - I’m a bit concerned about the coverage of the router alone. Any thoughts ? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mesh System + Nighthawk R7000

@greenbluegreen 

You would not be able to use the BT Complete Wifi (black discs), but you could purchase the BT Whole Home (white disc) system.

The black discs only work with the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
greenbluegreen
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I'm going for BT Whole Home.

Not sure If I've asked my question correctly.
Will BT Whole Home going to be a replacement of my Nighthawk or is it possible to use it's capability as a router as an addition to the discs to create even better coverage?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

Hi @greenbluegreen The Whole Home Wifi discs don't replace your router, one disc needs to be left connected to the router via ethernet as part of the set up. You're correct in that they are used to improve the wireless coverage around your home.

greenbluegreen
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks,

Another question:
Are there any benefits of keeping my R7000 or is it going to be no different performance wise than BT router for example?

0 Ratings